Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Smoking-Pepsi/Stupid loan decisions-Stupid credit card usage...the difference please?

People who smoke, and had been warned about its health risks, addictive nature, etc...can sue for millions. Now, here is my problem...I can't quit drinking Pepsi. I have tried and tried and tried. I love it, I love the smell, taste, and breathing in the burst of fresh Pepsi air out of a newly opened can, I admit it, I am addicted. I can't quit, and it is making me (or contributing) to my inability to lose weight..shouldn't I be entitled to millions?
The current mortgage crisis, sure some people may have been preyed upon by predatory lenders and real estate agents. But what is the difference of those people jumping into gigantic houses that they could not otherwise afford without the crazy ARM loans or interest only loan for a few years and me racking up a bunch of credit card debt to get things that I could not otherwise afford? Shouldn't there be some sort of goverment subsidized program for people like me? Come on Uncle Sam, aren't you going to bail me out for my stupid decisions?
Now, don't get me wrong. I accept full responsibility for my actions, I am simply pointing out some similarities between situations and wondering when will people be accoutnable for what they are doing? I mean come on, nobody is forcing me to buy that 32 oz Pepsi everyday and nobody is making me purchase that got to have item on credit. I am making those decisions, me, myself, I. I don't get it...

No comments: