Friday, March 28, 2008

April Vogue Cover....what's all the fuss????

Bottom line, when people want to stir the pot, they will. In April, the cover of Vogue magazine will have a picture of LeBron James and Gisele Bundchen. LJ is holding her around the waist and looks as if he is screaming. There are people freaking out about it saying it is racial, it is sterotyping the black athlete...to them I say get over it. In my opinion it is their own insecurities and fears in regards to race that are driving them to say these things, or maybe they just want to stir the pot. However LJ is a professional on and off the court, do you think that he would have approved the photos if he felt it portrayed him in a negative light let alone the black athlete? I myself think he is smarter and more professional than that. In an article written by MEGAN K. SCOTT, Associated Press Writer, I found what I think says it best, "he is pleased with the cover, saying he was “just showing a little emotion.” “Everything my name is on is going to be criticized in a good way or bad way,” James told the paper. “Who cares what anyone says?”" That statement should end all the nonsense right there. Too many people like to freak out over what people say, as LJ put it, who cares what people say.

No comments: